Does your income exceed Medicaid eligibility limits?
The Keep Them Safe Pooled Trust may be the right answer for you.
KTS Pooled Income Trust is a Supplemental Need Trust
Keep Them Safe Pooled Trust is a supplemental need trust, established by the Keep Them Safe Foundation, a non-profit organization, pursuant to all federal and medicaid laws. A pooled income trust account is established for individuals who have excess income and wish to become or remain eligible for Medicaid benefits.
A Pooled Income Trust account is established for individuals who have excess income and wish to become or remain eligible for Medicaid benefits. KTS Pooled Income Trust is open to individuals who have or need Medicaid and are either 65 or older, or have a disability as defined by Social Security law.
KTS accepts eligible members regardless of race, ethnicity, gender or religion.
There are a just a few requirements for joining KTS
- The beneficiary must be 65 or older, or have a disability as defined by the social security law.
- Any of the beneficiary, an individual with the beneficiary’s power of attorney, or the beneficiary’s guardian must establish the trust account.
- Your must deposit your excess monthly income over the medicaid income allowance into your trust account.
There are important benefits to a pooled income trust
With a pooled income trust, someone generating income over the limits allowed by Medicaid could deposit the excess income into the trust, to be used for living expenses. Otherwise, they would need to give their excess income to Medicaid every month. It would not be available for living expenses.
If you have excess monthly income and want to become eligible for Medicaid benefits or remain eligible, you can deposit those excess monies into a pooled income trust. Once deposited, the trust will use your money to pay your basic living expenses. Otherwise, you would give Medicaid that excess income to be used as a spend-down.
KTS will pay basic living expenses with your monthly deposits
The trust will use your deposits to pay basic living expenses such as food, rent, utilities, and clothing. Our personal and caring staff will be happy to assist you in determining other expenses that may be covered.
Here are five great reasons for you to join KTS
- caring personal service
- your own KTS representative
- services customized to meet your specific needs
- simple secure access to your account
- bill payment that is on time